Let’s Get Back to Pool!
As you already know, CCAPA suspended all league play in Horry County for two weeks due to
the recent reported spike in positive Covid-19 cases in our league. We have decided to suspend
play for one additional week for standard weekly teams, with league now starting up on the
week of July 20th., with playoffs and then Fall Session in the weeks following.
However, Doubles Division teams, along with the handful of teams that were affected by a
player on their team testing positive, and the team they were supposed to have played on week
16, will be the only ones that will play their makeup match next week, the week of July 13. This
way, they can all play on their designated night, without having to schedule matches on an “off
night,” so all will be on the same schedule on the week of the 20th, especially considering that
we are at the very end of the session. (And we’re happy to report that to our knowledge, none
of the players who contracted the virus had any serious issues and all are now past the
We have heard from many of you that are itching to get back to playing, and we know your host
locations want to see your smiling faces as well. However, some players on your team may not
feel comfortable playing, and we understand this also. Besides still being allowed to do 2
replays this last week of play, we are here for you if you need to discuss your team’s issues.
Please be aware, that replays will not be allowed during playoffs and Tri Cups.
As of now, according to our National, State, County and Local governments, we need to learn to
live with this virus in our country. So as long as our country, state, county and locations are
open for business going forward, so are we.
That being said, please help us, your fellow players and our locations by following the local
safety rules, the National CDC rules and the rules set in place at the weekly locations. More
importantly, please consider your own safety and the safety of your fellow players. Hand
washing, hand sanitizer, 6 feet distance and face masks will help us all do our part in order to be
able to continue playing and seeing each other.
We will be monitoring the situation and will be making decisions regarding APA on a week to
week basis going forward, to see how this trend continues. We will also be in close contact with
our reps and team captains throughout the coming weeks. Though we cannot guarantee that
we will be able to contact 100 percent of players if we find out someone has tested positive in
our league, we will continue to do our best.
Also, as previously posted, the Team Captain tournament will not be taking place on July 11.
The deadline for us to get the team in to National has been extended by the National APA
office, since the National Team Captain Championship has been moved to December 2-6, 2020.We will reschedule this event. In the meantime, we will be announcing some cash tournaments
you can compete in over the next few weeks. And yes, this includes you NC players! (We miss
Please be safe, and continue to do whatever you can do to minimize the risk to yourself, your
friends and your loved ones.
Ewa, Mitch, Toby and Nikki