ATTENTION ALL COASTAL CAROLINA APA PLAYERS!
Hey all, As you know, all APA leagues are currently on hiatus. We have no idea when we will be able to start up again at this point, as we are all dealing with the Corona virus pandemic and the temporary closing of all our locations. We will update you with more information here as we go forward.
In the meantime, if you have a Facebook account, please join our group page APA Pool League CCAPA Group for day to day updates, and stay in touch with us and your friends. If you are not on Facebook, please consider opening an account during this time, even just to be able to get the updates. Also, as we post on there, you can see the main Facebook posts at the bottom of this page.
Regarding the spring session, scheduled matches and playoffs, etc., we won’t be able to give you a definitive answer until we know how long this situation will last.
Also, APA national has rolled out the new scoring app for everyone to have the chance to get familiar
This will only be available until league starts up again, so take the opportunity to get used to it
and how it works.
You can watch how to download and use it:
Please know we are thinking of you all and we miss seeing you as much as I’m guessing you miss all your friends and being able to get out and play pool... If you do have any questions, please feel free to contact us via email or text as the office is still open and we’re here for you.
Hugs to all, Ewa, Mitch, Nikki and Toby
8-BALL DOUBLES LEAGUE STARTING ON MARCH 13TH!
|* Number of teams advancing to Vegas depending on number of teams/divisions.|
Local qualifier for the APA TEAM CAPTAIN'S CHAMPIONSHIP
$10,000 1st PLACE + $57,600* TOTAL PAYOUT IN VEGAS!!!
Have you thought of being a Team Captain but needed an extra incentive?
This one's for you!! The APA Team Captain's Championship is yet another way to get to the World Pool Championships in Las Vegas. This event has been created for those players who take on the responsibilities of being an APA Team Captain.
Here are a few of the details:
|When:||Saturday, March 21st|
|Where:||Shore Thing Billiards|
|Play Begins:||10:00 AM|
|Entry fee:||$75/team entry fee ($25/person)|
|Limited to 32 teams|
|Scoresheet:||VIEW TEAM CAPTAINS CHAMPIONSHIP SCORESHEET|
- All participants must have completed two sessions as a captain of a standard 8-Ball, 9-Ball or Ladies team in the 2019-2020 League year in CCAPA. That includes players who have captained a team in and TWO sessions in Summer 2019, Fall 2019, Spring 2020. (Masters, Doubles & Juniors captains not eligible)
- Teams of 3 players for CCAPA local Championship. Skill Level limit 15. (Max in Vegas on the roster is 5 and 3 players play each match. *Two additional Captains can be added to the Vegas qualified team if desired.
- Only one player of SL 6 or higher may play in any given match
- Standard 8-ball and 9-ball and Ladies captains qualify.
- Only one SL 6 or higher (8 or 9) is allowed to play in a match.
- Skill Level 8's and 9's will be counted as 7’s toward the 15 rule. If a player is a 5 in 8-Ball and a 6 in 9-Ball, they will count as a 6 toward the team handicap. However if they are a 7 in 8-Ball and 9 in 9-Ball then they will count as a 7 toward the team handicap.
- Players may only participate on one team and must be from the same League area.
- Players must have 20 8-Ball scores or 20 9-Ball scores within the last two years, play at least four times in the Spring session and be active on a Summer session roster.
- New format will alternate 8-Ball & 9-Ball racks.
- In each round, a coin flip will determine which team declares their players first. The team will list three players in ascending order (lowest to highest) to determine the player rotation for that match. Rotation continues, lowest to highest.
- The two players in the first match will play one rack of 8-Ball, the next two play a rack of 9-Ball and the third play a rack of 8-Ball. The rotation resets and the pattern continues until a team reaches the points needed to be declared the winner. Each rack is worth one point.
- Modified Single Elimination.
- Local Qualification tournament determines qualifier. 100% payout of entries.
- This is an official APA event that will qualify the team for the Captain's Championship that will be held in Las Vegas, August 2020!
- TEAMS MUST REGISTER ON OUR LOCAL WEBSITE! Limited to first 32 entries!!!!!!!!
Coastal Carolina APA - Singles Regional Tournament Winners
Congratulations to our Coastal Carolina APA players who won their division in the Singles Regional Tournament and qualified to play in the APA 8-Ball Classic or the APA 9-Ball Shootout tournaments held at the APA World Pool Championship in Las Vegas.
Good Luck wish to all the players that will be representing us in Vegas for the Poolplayers Championship! "We want to wish all of our players who will be representing us and are heading to Vegas to play in the Pool Player Championship Good Luck!!! GO CCAPA!!!!!
Joey Johnson - APA 8-Ball
Barbara Spivack - APA 8-Ball
Jonathan Neman - APA 9-Ball
APA 8-BALL DOUBLES TOURNAMENT WINNERS!!!
|Congratulations to Dan Woods and Trista Crosby winners of the 2019 APA 8-Ball Doubles Vegas Qualifier!!!|
APA 8-Ball and APA 9-Ball - MVP Tournament Winners
|Winner Kevin Varnum and Runner Up Joanne Weller
8-ball SL 2-3
|Winner Stephanie Mckee and Runner Up Sheri Fulford |
9-ball SL 1-3
|Winner Mike Powers and Runner Up Fred Yafanara
8-ball SL 4-5
|Winner Hunter Riddle and Runner Up Keith Hughes|
9-ball SL 4-5
|Winner BJ Hucks and Runner Up Leroy Todd
8-Ball SL 6-7
|Winner Kevin Ping and Runner Up Patrick Hoover|
9-ball SL 6-9
APA 9-BALL DOUBLES TOURNAMENT WINNERS!!!
|Congratulations to Mark Hanna and Bob Hart winners of the 2019 APA 9-Ball Doubles Vegas Qualifier!!!|
MASTER'S LEAGUE PLAYOFFS
MINOR MASTER'S LEAGUE PLAYOFFS
LADIES LEAGUE PLAYOFFS
JUNIOR LEAGUE PLAYOFFS
WORLD POOL CHAMPIONSHIP DATES
SPRING SESSION 9-BALL TRI CUP – MAY 17
9-BALL WORLD QUALIFIER (CITIES) – MAY 29-31
SC 8-BALL WORLD QUALIFIER (CITIES) – JUNE 5-7
NC 8-BALL WORLD QUALIFIER (CITIES) – JUNE 12-14
Wednesday, April 29: Registration: 8:00am – 11:00am – Thursday, April 30: Finals @ 6:00pm
8-BALL DOUBLES CHAMPIONSHIP
Thursday, April 30: Registration: 5:00pm – 8:00pm – Sunday, May 3: Finals @ 3:00pm
Thursday, April 30: Registration: 9:00am – Noon – Friday, May 1: Finals @ 5:00pm
Thursday, August 6: Registration: 8:00am-2:00pm – Tuesday, August 11: Finals @ 3:00pm
JACK & JILL CHAMPIONSHIP IN LAS VEGAS
Thursday, August 6: Registration: 9:00am -Noon – Sunday, August 9: Finals @ 6:30pm
Sunday, August 9: Registration: 5:00pm-8:00pm – Thursday, August 13: Finals @ 1:00pm
Sunday, August 9: Registration: 9:00am-Noon – Wednesday, August 12: Finals @ 5:00pm
TEAM CAPTAIN CHAMPIONSHIP
Monday, August 10: Registration: 5:00pm–8:00pm - Friday, August 14: Finals @7:00pm
9-BALL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS IN LAS VEGAS
Tuesday, August 11: Registration: 3:00pm-7:00pm – Saturday, August 15: Finals @ 2:00pm
"Have Fun, Meet People, & Play Pool!"
The APA is the World's Largest Amateur Pool League with more members worldwide than all other amateur leagues combined, with over one fourth of APA members being female. For those of you that might be thinking, "I'm not good enough to play," consider this.......75% of APA members are beginner to intermediate players, meaning you don't have to be a pool shark to play.
APA League Membership
Membership is just $25.00 per year (plus sales tax if applicable) and is open to anyone 18 years of age or older. Players of all skill levels are welcome to join and everyone has an equal chance of winning under the APA's unique handicap system, which allows players of different abilities to compete on an equal level.
Coastal Carolina APA League Operator
WPBA player and Hall of Famer, Ewa Mataya Laurance is the Coastal Carolina APA League Operator. Ewa is one of the most visible superstars in the history of pocket billiards. Known as The Striking Viking, she took the billiard world by storm since she moved to the US from her native Sweden. Ewa is an International and World Cup Trick Shot Champion, the holder of multiple World and US Open 9-ball titles, and has also won the Swedish, European and US National Championships in her incredible career.
A former #1 ranked player in the world, Ewa has received Player of the Year honors, been named WPBA Sportsperson of the Year, and in 2004, was inducted into the prestigious Billiard Congress of America Hall of Fame.
Attention: All non-smoking APA locations!
In order to ensure the timeliness of APA league matches and a decent conclusion time for APA league nights for all players, guidelines must be put in place to address smoking during APA league play. Players should be ready to play as soon as they are put up in a match. Matches will not be held for a player to take a "smoke break" before beginning their match. "Smoke Breaks" are also prohibited while a player is playing an APA match. Players must complete their match in it's entirety before going outside to smoke.