APA 8-Ball & APA 9-Ball Spring Session - Starts the Week of December 15th!
Already have a team? Then don’t forget to sign up!
CLICK TO REGISTER YOUR TEAM!
Play with your friends! Play for Fun! Play for a Trip to Las Vegas!
Amateurs wanted! Anyone can play! Anyone can win!
Simply mark the box on the bottom of your score sheet to let us know that your team is playing.
Also, let us know if you need a sign-up sheet, if there are major changes to your roster this session or if your team is splitting.
- Players must have a minimum of 5 matches played with your team, in order to play in a playoff match.
- PAll players must have 6 matches played with your team in order to play in Tri Cups.
- PAll players must have 10 recorded matches played in the past 2 years in order to play in the world Qualified (Cities).
9-BALL DOUBLES LEAGUE STARTING THE WEEK OF JANUARY 6TH!
|* Number of teams advancing to Vegas depending on number of teams/divisions.|
APA Jack -N- Jill Vegas Qualifier Tournament
APA 9-Ball Doubles League Second Chance: Saturday, February 1st
How it works:
Good news! The 9-ball Doubles League ended up with enough teams in 2019, so our area was awarded 2 spots for the Doubles Championship in Vegas this year. Because of this, we are doing a onetime extra 9-ball Doubles Qualifier for Vegas. This is a onetime event. In the future, as long as we have a doubles league in this format and with enough teams to get 2 slots, both will go to the 9-ball Doubles league, similar to our 8-ball doubles format and league.
4 rounds will be played in the 32 team modified single bracket, which will produce 8 teams.
2nd Stage: The 8 teams will then be randomly drawn into a 16 team modified bracket where the 8 teams from the 9-ball league will be waiting. This will end up being 10 rounds all together, and will be played in one day. Winner goes to Las Vegas.
The 7 top finishing teams who did not win the Vegas spot in the league playoffs at Bubba's are invited back (along with a WC from the playoff tournament) with no entry fee, as long as the players are active in some form of 9-ball – Open or Doubles – and are SL 10 MAX combined at the time of the tournament.
The 8 pre-qualified teams are:
Entry Fee Entry Fee is $50/team, 100% payback toward travel expenses for winning team and entry fee in Vegas is paid. (Max $599/person) Any monies left over will go to the runner up team in the tournament.
Tournament is open to all active 9-ball players, as it has been in the past. League players and 9-ball regular division players are invited to play, as long as players are on any current 9-ball team (standard or doubles) and have a minimum of 10 9-ball matches played and entered in the system in the past 2 years. IMPORTANT! Players who go to Vegas MUST have 20 singles 9-ball matches in the past 2 years by March 15! Skill Level max is 10 at time of event for all teams.
ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY! NO CALLS OR TEXTS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
APA MVP Tournament : APA 8-Ball February 22nd & APA 9-Ball February 23rd!
MVP is a tournament held after each session that recognizes players for their performance during the session. Points are accrued through the new PPM system. (Points Per Match) Number of points earned/Number of points available=MVP Score.
Congratulations to the players who have won the MVP in their division/skill level, these players will receive an MVP zipper pull patch and an invite to play in the MVP tournament.
Extra congrats to the players who won overall in their respective Skill Level league wide, which includes all the divisions in our area. These players wins the free entry fee, patch and plaque. Players can check out their personal MVP points on their APA Member Stats page.
|What:||APA 8-Ball MVP Tournament|
|Play Begins:||11:00 AM|
|What:||APA 9-Ball MVP Tournament|
|Where:||Rack'em Billiards - Wilmington|
|Play Begins:||11:00 AM|
Local qualifier for the APA TEAM CAPTAIN'S CHAMPIONSHIP
$10,000 1st PLACE + $57,600* TOTAL PAYOUT IN VEGAS!!!
Have you thought of being a Team Captain but needed an extra incentive?
This one’s for you!! The Inaugural APA Team Captain's Championship is yet another way to get to the World Pool Championships in Las Vegas. This event has been created for those players who take on the responsibilities of being an APA Team Captain.
Here are a few of the details:
|When:||Saturday, March 21st|
|Where:||Shore Thing Billiards, Wilmington|
|Registration:||WEBSITE REGISTRATION ONLY|
|Play Begins:||11:00 AM|
|Entry fee:||$75/team entry fee ($25/person)|
|Limited to 32 teams|
|Scoresheet:||VIEW TEAM CAPTAINS CHAMPIONSHIP SCORESHEET|
- All participants must have completed two sessions as a captain of a standard 8-Ball, 9-Ball or Ladies team in the 2019-2020 League year in CCAPA. That includes players who have captained a team in and TWO sessions in Summer 2019, Fall 2019, Spring 2020. (Masters, Doubles & Juniors captains not eligible)
- Teams of 3 players for CCAPA local Championship. Skill Level limit 15. (Max in Vegas on the roster is 5 and 3 players play each match. *Two additional Captains can be added to the Vegas qualified team if desired.
- Only one player of SL 6 or higher may play in any given match
- Standard 8-ball and 9-ball and Ladies captains qualify.
- Only one SL 6 or higher (8 or 9) is allowed to play in a match.
- Skill Level 8's and 9's will be counted as 7’s toward the 15 rule. If a player is a 5 in 8-Ball and a 6 in 9-Ball, they will count as a 6 toward the team handicap. However if they are a 7 in 8-Ball and 9 in 9-Ball then they will count as a 7 toward the team handicap.
- Players may only participate on one team and must be from the same League area.
- Players must have 20 8-Ball scores or 20 9-Ball scores within the last two years, play at least four times in the Spring session and be active on a Summer session roster.
- New format will alternate 8-Ball & 9-Ball racks.
- In each round, a coin flip will determine which team declares their players first. The team will list three players in ascending order (lowest to highest) to determine the player rotation for that match. Rotation continues, lowest to highest.
- The two players in the first match will play one rack of 8-Ball, the next two play a rack of 9-Ball and the third play a rack of 8-Ball. The rotation resets and the pattern continues until a team reaches the points needed to be declared the winner. Each rack is worth one point.
- Modified Single Elimination.
- Local Qualification tournament determines qualifier. 100% payout of entries.
- This is an official APA event that will qualify the team for the Captain's Championship that will be held in Las Vegas, August 2018!
- TEAMS MUST REGISTER ON OUR LOCAL WEBSITE! Limited to first 32 entries!!!!!!!!
WORLD POOL CHAMPIONSHIP DATES
SPRING SESSION 9-BALL TRI CUP – MAY 17
9-BALL WORLD QUALIFIER (CITIES) – MAY 29-31
SC 8-BALL WORLD QUALIFIER (CITIES) – JUNE 5-7
NC 8-BALL WORLD QUALIFIER (CITIES) – JUNE 12-14
Wednesday, April 29: Registration: 8:00am – 11:00am – Thursday, April 30: Finals @ 6:00pm
8-BALL DOUBLES CHAMPIONSHIP
Thursday, April 30: Registration: 5:00pm – 8:00pm – Sunday, May 3: Finals @ 3:00pm
Thursday, April 30: Registration: 9:00am – Noon – Friday, May 1: Finals @ 5:00pm
Thursday, August 6: Registration: 8:00am-2:00pm – Tuesday, August 11: Finals @ 3:00pm
JACK & JILL CHAMPIONSHIP IN LAS VEGAS
Thursday, August 6: Registration: 9:00am -Noon – Sunday, August 9: Finals @ 6:30pm
Sunday, August 9: Registration: 5:00pm-8:00pm – Thursday, August 13: Finals @ 1:00pm
Sunday, August 9: Registration: 9:00am-Noon – Wednesday, August 12: Finals @ 5:00pm
TEAM CAPTAIN CHAMPIONSHIP
Monday, August 10: Registration: 5:00pm–8:00pm - Friday, August 14: Finals @7:00pm
9-BALL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS IN LAS VEGAS
Tuesday, August 11: Registration: 3:00pm-7:00pm – Saturday, August 15: Finals @ 2:00pm
"Have Fun, Meet People, & Play Pool!"
The APA is the World's Largest Amateur Pool League with more members worldwide than all other amateur leagues combined, with over one fourth of APA members being female. For those of you that might be thinking, "I'm not good enough to play," consider this.......75% of APA members are beginner to intermediate players, meaning you don't have to be a pool shark to play.
APA League Membership
Membership is just $25.00 per year (plus sales tax if applicable) and is open to anyone 18 years of age or older. Players of all skill levels are welcome to join and everyone has an equal chance of winning under the APA's unique handicap system, which allows players of different abilities to compete on an equal level.
Coastal Carolina APA League Operator
WPBA player and Hall of Famer, Ewa Mataya Laurance is the Coastal Carolina APA League Operator. Ewa is one of the most visible superstars in the history of pocket billiards. Known as The Striking Viking, she took the billiard world by storm since she moved to the US from her native Sweden. Ewa is an International and World Cup Trick Shot Champion, the holder of multiple World and US Open 9-ball titles, and has also won the Swedish, European and US National Championships in her incredible career.
A former #1 ranked player in the world, Ewa has received Player of the Year honors, been named WPBA Sportsperson of the Year, and in 2004, was inducted into the prestigious Billiard Congress of America Hall of Fame.
Attention: All non-smoking APA locations!
In order to ensure the timeliness of APA league matches and a decent conclusion time for APA league nights for all players, guidelines must be put in place to address smoking during APA league play. Players should be ready to play as soon as they are put up in a match. Matches will not be held for a player to take a "smoke break" before beginning their match. "Smoke Breaks" are also prohibited while a player is playing an APA match. Players must complete their match in it's entirety before going outside to smoke.