Spring Session starting the week of December 18th!
Our Next APA League Session begins the week
of December 18th.
Register your team today!
If you don't have a team, that's okay!! We can find a team for you. Remember, you don't have to be a great pool player to play in the APA. You just have to want to go out and have a FUN night playing pool with your friends...old and new!
HAVE FUN, MEET PEOPLE, PLAY POOL!
REMINDER TO ALL CITIES QUALIFIED TEAMS:
NO CHANGES CAN BE MADE TO YOUR TEAM ROSTER THIS SESSION AFTER WEEK FOUR!
That means your team cannot add or drop a player from this point on. Doing so will automatically result in loss of qualification for the Cities in June. This will be the team roster that will go to the LTC (and/or Vegas!)
APA Singles Boards - November 30th Last Day to Qualify!
Not to late to join the APA league this session!Last Day to qualify for the
Regional Singles Championship is Wednesday, November 30!
Also look for a Singles Board opportunity in your area, or run your own! Contact Toby @ 843-450-9142 or your Division Rep, to find out how!
Captain/Co-Captain Appreciation Tournament!
*You must be listed first on the roster for your team in this, the FALL SESSION by now to be considered the Captain and second on the roster in this session for your team to be considered the Co-Captain. Players not listed first or second on their team roster are not eligible to participate in this tournament. Both players must have a minimum of 10 lifetime scores in order to participate.
**The Captain/Co-Captain Scotch Doubles Tournament is a pick your partner, handicap 12 tournament. You do not have to partner with the captain/co-captain of your team. You may choose a captain/co-captain from any team or division in APA. As long as the player is a captain/co-captain by week 6, they are eligible to participate and partner with any other captain/co-captain. APA doubles format will be used.
To register, please text Toby @ 843-450-9142. Calls will not be accepted!
APA 8-Ball and APA 9-Ball - MVP Tournament Winners
|Winner Shirley Savage and Runner Up Amanda Kramer
8-ball SL 2-3
|Winner Jessica Gordon and Runner Up Debbie Reppert |
9-ball SL 1-3
|Winner Cathy Goodman and Runner Up Fred Yafarano
8-ball SL 4-5
|Winner Fred Yafarano and Runner Up Chris Byrant|
9-ball SL 4-5
|Winner Wendell Thompkins and Runner Up Howard Roe
8-Ball SL 6-7
|Winner Brian Wills and Runner Up Frank Baker |
9-ball SL 6-9
Coastal Carolina APA - Singles Regional Tournament Winners
Congratulations to our Coastal Carolina APA players who won their division in the fall Singles Regional Tournament and qualified to play in the APA 8-Ball Classic or the APA 9-Ball Shootout tournaments held at the APA World Pool Championship in Las Vegas.
2018 APA TEAM CAPTAIN'S CHAMPIONSHIP
$10,000 1st PLACE + $57,600* TOTAL PAYOUT IN VEGAS!!!
Have you thought of being a Team Captain but needed an extra incentive?
This one’s for you!! The Inaugural APA Team Captain's Championship is yet another way to get to the World Pool Championships in Las Vegas. This event has been created for those players who take on the responsibilities of being an APA Team Captain.
Here are a few of the details:
- All participants must have completed two sessions as a captain of a standard APA 8-Ball or APA 9-Ball team in the 2017-2018 APA League year. So, if you captain a team this Fall and next Spring, you qualify! Or, if you were a captain in the summer, but not this fall, you can still qualify if you decide to captain a team this spring session.
- Minimum of 3 players, max roster 5. Skill Level limit 15.
- Standard 8-ball and 9-ball and Ladies captains qualify.
- Skill Level 8’s and 9’s will be counted as 7’s toward the 15 rule. If a player is a 5 in 8-Ball and a 6 in 9-Ball, they will count as a 6 toward the team handicap. However if they are a 7 in 8-Ball and 9 in 9-Ball then they will count as a 7 toward the team handicap.
- Players may only participate on one team and must be from the same League area.
- Players must have 20 8-Ball scores or 20 9-Ball scores within the last two years, play at least four times in the Spring session and be active on a Summer session roster.
- New format will alternate 8-Ball & 9-Ball racks.
- In each round, a coin flip will determine which team declares their players first. The team will list three players in ascending order (lowest to highest) to determine the player rotation for that match. Rotation continues, lowest to highest.
- The two players in the first match will play one rack of 8-Ball, the next two play a rack of 9-Ball and the third play a rack of 8-Ball. The rotation resets and the pattern continues until a team reaches the points needed to be declared the winner. Each rack is worth one point.
- Modified Single Elimination.
- Local Qualification tournament to be released at later date.
- This does not replace our regular Captain/Co-Captain Tournament.
- This is an official APA event that will qualify the team for the Captain's Championship that will be held in Las Vegas, August 2018!
ALL PLAYERS MUST PAY THEIR MEMBERSHIP FEE ON FIRST NIGHT OF PLAY!
As seen to the left, the new APA membership card has been redesigned and it will be printed on a permanent card (hard and sturdy like your license). In addition, instead of the APA cards being sent to our league office for distribution to you through the Division Reps, your APA membership card will come directly to you in the mail with your APA membership packet! Each following year, you will receive a sticker in your membership packet to update the year on your membership card to show that your membership is still active. You will receive a new card every 5 years.
You MUST have a correct address on file with APA to receive your membership packet and your membership card. If you have an asterik (*) next to your name on the weekly scoresheet, if you have moved since joining APA, or if you are not currently receiving the "The American Poolplayer" magazine each session, it is highly likely you do not have an up-to-date mailing address on file with APA.
There are two ways to correct this:
- Fill out an APA membership application and update all of your information. This form can be turned in with your team's weekly scoresheets.
- Go to the APA Online Member Services website where you see your team and individual stats. Log in to your account, or create an account if you haven't done so already, and click on your profile to check and update your mailing address and other personal information.
Please note: If our local APA office has to order a replacement card for you, there will be a $5 fee. So please make sure that your information is up-to-date before January! Don't forget that you can renew and pay your membership by credit card online NOW from your APA Online Member Services account!
ALL PLAYERS MUST PAY THEIR MEMBERSHIP FEE ON FIRST NIGHT OF PLAY!
It's a new year, and ALL memberships must be renewed!
Team captains will be held responsible for any membership fees not paid by players. DO NOT ALLOW PLAYERS TO PLAY UNTIL THEY GIVE YOU THEIR MEMBERSHIP FEE! We have to pay the $25 membership to St. Louis for every player who plays even once and even if a team drops him or her from their roster after 1 match. If you collect the money before the match then you will not have to worry about paying for it out of your own pocket.
TEAMS ALREADY QUALIFIED FOR THE CITIES WILL AUTOMATICALLY ALSO LOSE THEIR BID IF THERE ARE ANY PAST DUES.
Please be sure that your team is caught up on all monies owed. If your team owes any past dues, your team will not be eligible for playoffs and wildcard draw, or able to play in the Tri Cups. Full team fees are to be paid during session playoffs as well. This is regardless of how many players actually play (i.e. - match is completed with only 3 players needing to play).
*Starting this session, we will be stricter in regard to enforcing the guidelines of the Bylaws, regarding team fees. Teams who fall behind one week will lose bonus point(s) Teams who fall behind a second week, without notifying the office of valid reason will lose all points for that week, regardless of the score. Third week will cause team to be dropped, if no valid reason. Local Bylaws can be downloaded from the Documents section on the website.
RECRUIT A FRIEND AND PLAY FREE!
Have you ever thought about how much our league would grow if every player brought in a new member??? APA's best recruitment tool is you....our members! So, APA is going to pay you for getting your friends, family, co-workers, and acquaintances to join league!!! For every NEW person you bring into APA league, you will receive one week of FREE APA League Play!!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Bring your friend to league with you to be placed on a team.
- Put your name on your friend's membership application.
- Once your friend has paid their APA membership fee, you will receive a free play coupon the following week to use on the week of your choice (an $8 value).
** The recruited player must be brand new to the APA to qualify for this incentive.
APA League Operators of the Year!
We are so proud and excited to find out last night that we won the League Operators of the Year award! Thank you so much to all our Division Reps, our Host Locations, Team Captains and of course, all our players, for making this such a fun and great league!
Attention: All non-smoking APA locations!
In order to ensure the timeliness of APA league matches and a decent conclusion time for APA league nights for all players, guidelines must be put in place to address smoking during APA league play. Players should be ready to play as soon as they are put up in a match. Matches will not be held for a player to take a "smoke break" before beginning their match. "Smoke Breaks" are also prohibited while a player is playing an APA match. Players must complete their match in it's entirety before going outside to smoke.