APA Summer Session - Starts the Week of April 23rd!
Already have a team? Then don’t forget to sign up!
- Two Early Sign Ups Will Win
- Two Free Weeks Of Play Or A Team Lesson With Ewa
*Simply mark the box on the bottom of your score sheet to let us know that your team is playing.
Last chance to win is next week!
** Also, let us know if you need a sign-up sheet, if there are major changes to your roster this session or if your team is splitting.
ONLINE TEAM REGISTRATION - COMING SOON!
Local qualifier for the 2018 APA TEAM CAPTAIN'S CHAMPIONSHIP
$10,000 1st PLACE + $57,600* TOTAL PAYOUT IN VEGAS!!!
Have you thought of being a Team Captain but needed an extra incentive?
This one’s for you!! The Inaugural APA Team Captain's Championship is yet another way to get to the World Pool Championships in Las Vegas. This event has been created for those players who take on the responsibilities of being an APA Team Captain.
Here are a few of the details:
|When:||Saturday, March 24th|
|Where:||Shore Thing Billiards|
|Registration:||WEBSITE REGISTRATION ONLY - Starts on Wednesday, Feb 28th.|
|Play Begins:||11:00 AM|
|Entry fee:||$75/team entry fee ($25/person)|
|Limited to 32 teams|
|Scoresheet:||VIEW TEAM CAPTAINS CHAMPIONSHIP SCORESHEET|
- All participants must have completed two sessions as a captain of a standard 8-Ball, 9-Ball or Ladies team in the 2017-2018 League year in CCAPA. That includes players who have captained a team in Summer 2017, Fall 2017, Spring 2018 and Summer 2018 (any two of these sessions combined qualifies)
- Minimum of 3 players, max roster 5. Skill Level limit 15.
- Only one player of SL 6 or higher may play in any given match
- Standard 8-ball and 9-ball and Ladies captains qualify.
- Skill Level 8’s and 9’s will be counted as 7’s toward the 15 rule. If a player is a 5 in 8-Ball and a 6 in 9-Ball, they will count as a 6 toward the team handicap. However if they are a 7 in 8-Ball and 9 in 9-Ball then they will count as a 7 toward the team handicap.
- Players may only participate on one team and must be from the same League area.
- Players must have 20 8-Ball scores or 20 9-Ball scores within the last two years, play at least four times in the Spring session and be active on a Summer session roster.
- New format will alternate 8-Ball & 9-Ball racks.
- In each round, a coin flip will determine which team declares their players first. The team will list three players in ascending order (lowest to highest) to determine the player rotation for that match. Rotation continues, lowest to highest.
- The two players in the first match will play one rack of 8-Ball, the next two play a rack of 9-Ball and the third play a rack of 8-Ball. The rotation resets and the pattern continues until a team reaches the points needed to be declared the winner. Each rack is worth one point.
- Modified Single Elimination.
- Local Qualification tournament determines qualifier. 100% payout of entries.
- $75/team entry fee ($25/person)
- This is an official APA event that will qualify the team for the Captain's Championship that will be held in Las Vegas, August 2018!
- TEAMS MUST REGISTER ON OUR LOCAL WEBSITE! Registration will be available by Wednesday, February 28. Limited to first 32 entries!!!!!!!!
APA Jack -N- Jill Vegas Qualifier Tournament
ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY! NO CALLS OR TEXTS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
REGISTRATION OPENS ON MARCH 25TH.
Florian "Venom" Kohler @ Breaktime Billiards!
Florian "Venom" Kohler will be appearing at Breaktime Billiards in Wilmington on Sunday, April 8 @ 5pm! The greatest trickshot artist of our time, will again be coming to our area. If you missed him back in 2014, make sure you make it this time. FREE ADMISSION...Free autographed photos...Raffle
Coastal Carolina APA Splash Board - Sunday, April 8th
- Splash Board sponsored by the Coastal Carolina APA!
- Sunday, April 8th at Breaktime Billiards starting at 1pm.
- $30 entry fee/Double Elimination!
- 16 players per Board/5 Winners qualify for the Regionals.
- No Byes! 16 players required!
- We are running boards for all skill levels.
- If we're short of 16 players for splash boards, normal singles boards will be available!
- All boards are first come, first serve! No pre-registrations excepted!
APA 8-BALL DOUBLES TOURNAMENT WINNERS!!!
|Congrats to Amber Fuston and Scott Hockaday, winners of the 2018 8-Ball Doubles Vegas Qualifier!!!|
8-BALL DOUBLES LEAGUE STARTING ON MARCH 16TH!
|* Number of teams advancing to Vegas depending on number of teams/divisions.|
ALL PLAYERS MUST PAY THEIR MEMBERSHIP FEE ON FIRST NIGHT OF PLAY!
As seen to the left, the new APA membership card has been redesigned and it will be printed on a permanent card (hard and sturdy like your license). In addition, instead of the APA cards being sent to our league office for distribution to you through the Division Reps, your APA membership card will come directly to you in the mail with your APA membership packet! Each following year, you will receive a sticker in your membership packet to update the year on your membership card to show that your membership is still active. You will receive a new card every 5 years.
You MUST have a correct address on file with APA to receive your membership packet and your membership card. If you have an asterik (*) next to your name on the weekly scoresheet, if you have moved since joining APA, or if you are not currently receiving the "The American Poolplayer" magazine each session, it is highly likely you do not have an up-to-date mailing address on file with APA.
There are two ways to correct this:
- Fill out an APA membership application and update all of your information. This form can be turned in with your team's weekly scoresheets.
- Go to the APA Online Member Services website where you see your team and individual stats. Log in to your account, or create an account if you haven't done so already, and click on your profile to check and update your mailing address and other personal information.
Please note: If our local APA office has to order a replacement card for you, there will be a $5 fee. So please make sure that your information is up-to-date before January! Don't forget that you can renew and pay your membership by credit card online NOW from your APA Online Member Services account!
ALL PLAYERS MUST PAY THEIR MEMBERSHIP FEE ON FIRST NIGHT OF PLAY!
It's a new year, and ALL memberships must be renewed!
Team captains will be held responsible for any membership fees not paid by players. DO NOT ALLOW PLAYERS TO PLAY UNTIL THEY GIVE YOU THEIR MEMBERSHIP FEE! We have to pay the $25 membership to St. Louis for every player who plays even once and even if a team drops him or her from their roster after 1 match. If you collect the money before the match then you will not have to worry about paying for it out of your own pocket.
TEAMS ALREADY QUALIFIED FOR THE CITIES WILL AUTOMATICALLY ALSO LOSE THEIR BID IF THERE ARE ANY PAST DUES.
Please be sure that your team is caught up on all monies owed. If your team owes any past dues, your team will not be eligible for playoffs and wildcard draw, or able to play in the Tri Cups. Full team fees are to be paid during session playoffs as well. This is regardless of how many players actually play (i.e. - match is completed with only 3 players needing to play).
*Starting this session, we will be stricter in regard to enforcing the guidelines of the Bylaws, regarding team fees. Teams who fall behind one week will lose bonus point(s) Teams who fall behind a second week, without notifying the office of valid reason will lose all points for that week, regardless of the score. Third week will cause team to be dropped, if no valid reason. Local Bylaws can be downloaded from the Documents section on the website.
RECRUIT A FRIEND AND PLAY FREE!
Have you ever thought about how much our league would grow if every player brought in a new member??? APA's best recruitment tool is you....our members! So, APA is going to pay you for getting your friends, family, co-workers, and acquaintances to join league!!! For every NEW person you bring into APA league, you will receive one week of FREE APA League Play!!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Bring your friend to league with you to be placed on a team.
- Put your name on your friend's membership application.
- Once your friend has paid their APA membership fee, you will receive a free play coupon the following week to use on the week of your choice (an $8 value).
** The recruited player must be brand new to the APA to qualify for this incentive.
APA League Operators of the Year!
We are so proud and excited to find out last night that we won the League Operators of the Year award! Thank you so much to all our Division Reps, our Host Locations, Team Captains and of course, all our players, for making this such a fun and great league!
Attention: All non-smoking APA locations!
In order to ensure the timeliness of APA league matches and a decent conclusion time for APA league nights for all players, guidelines must be put in place to address smoking during APA league play. Players should be ready to play as soon as they are put up in a match. Matches will not be held for a player to take a "smoke break" before beginning their match. "Smoke Breaks" are also prohibited while a player is playing an APA match. Players must complete their match in it's entirety before going outside to smoke.
TEAM CAPTAIN TOURNAMENT